Call our Independent Financial Advisers 01727 845500

Richard Porter, IFA, St Albans - How to pay for long-term care costs

Friday 7 June, 2019

Our Financial Advisers offer independent financial advice to pay long-term care options for yourself or an elderly parent. 

Use a financial adviser so you DON’T run out of money

If you have assets worth over £23,250 you currently have to pay for your own long-term care. 

Lonsdale financial advisers use cash-flow planning to assess your income and expenditure and agree with you the most cost effective way to fund your long-term care. 

We consider all funding options including:

- selling or renting your property
- purchasing an annuity
- investing in equities, bonds or cash

Regular rebalancing helps meet your funding requirements

Your financial adviser will annually review and rebalance your financial plan so you don’t have to worry about how to pay your long-term care costs.

We have offices in St Albans, Barnet, Harpenden, Leeds / Bradford, Ringwood, Stafford and Ware.  Call us now on 01727 845500 or email

Richard Porter, independent financial adviser St Albans, Hertfordshire said:

‘Recently we have worked with many clients who are organising long-term care funding for themselves or a loved one.  We work with our clients to offer a robust financial solution that should cover their care home costs until they die.  Before offering financial planning advice we make sure we assess our client’s financial priorities, have a full understanding of their income and expenditure and appreciate their attitude to risk.  When we offer financial advice for long-term care funding we have to be clear that our client or their parents may live longer than they expect.’

Richard Porter, member of the St Albans Financial Planning team continued:

‘If you would like more information about how to fund your long-term care planning we recommend you read my case study – How to pay for care home fees? The case study illustrates how getting financial advice to invest the proceeds of the family home paid for Mr V’s father to live in a local care home.  Or look at the Lonsdale Services website information on Estate Planning.

Please note The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate tax or estate planning. The value of an investment and the income from it could go down as well as up. The return at the end of the investment period is not guaranteed and you may get back less than you originally invested.








How will you fund long-term care costs?

How will you fund long-term care costs?

Richard Porter, Independent Financial Adviser Lonsdale Services St Albans and Radlett

Richard Porter, Independent Financial Adviser Lonsdale Services St Albans and Radlett

Book a Free Consultation

Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.


You voluntarily choose to provide personal details to us via this website. Personal information will be treated as confidential by us and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. You agree that such personal information may be used to provide you with details of services and products in writing, by email or by telephone.